Support LAUP and Make a Difference in a Child's Life
LAUP is committed to making high-quality preschools accessible to every four-year-old in Los Angeles County. Here are 10 reasons why LAUP
needs your support to help expand preschool attendance in Los Angeles County:
- Because nearly half of all 4-year-olds in Los Angeles County do not have access to preschool. In many communities, the problem is much worse.
- Because children who attend high-quality preschool are more likely to graduate from high school and seek higher education.
- Because children who attend preschool typically showed an advantage in pre-reading, early writing, and math skills.
- Because children who attend high-quality preschool are less likely to be involved in crime.
- Because local communities benefit from increased investment in small business and infrastructure.
- Because LAUP funds public, private, faith-based and charter preschools, as well as home-based family child care programs.
- Because LAUP serves as a nationally recognized model for high-quality preschool.
- Because LAUP was awarded the Eureka Bronze Award from the California Council for Excellence in recognition of its organizational quality and performance excellence.
- Because studies show that for every $1 invested in preschool, a social capital return of $2.62 is earned. Another study states that the real return is $17 in social benefits.
- Because every child deserves a chance to thrive.
If, like us, you believe every child deserves a good start in life, please click here to find out how you can make a difference.